Aussie True Blue Recipes
Hi everyone, and welcome to Aussie True Blue Recipes.
WHAT'S NEW LATELY?
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and that you have been enjoying the festivities of the Holiday Season.
I have had a very busy 6 months - moving house and settling in AND establishing a new business "Cupcakes from Heaven" which will be specializing in designer cupcakes and Wedding Cakes. If you would like to see what this entails, pop into my facebook page and have a look:
I've also been busy in the kitchen testing some more of the old recipes passed down to me, perfecting them so that they will work "first time, every time" - it's my plan to upload the new recipes (some with videos) in the near future.
Thanks everyone for your continued support - without you using my recipes, and giving me your feedback - this site would resemble more of a blog than a reliable recipe website :o).
My baking Channel has recently been sponsored by Kitchenware Direct, and I'm really over the moon about this, as it allows me to showcase some recipes that I may not have been able to without their assistance. If you're looking for affordable kitchenware, bakeware of dinnerware - I've placed a link to their website on my "Promoted Links" page for your convenience.
...to pop into my YouTube Channels and view some of my demonstrations. I'd love it if you would help me out by subscribing - and feel free to add comments, leave me feedback, make requests or suggestions.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAussieCookingShow (This Channel for main meals - chicken, beef, lamb, BBQ, etc)
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAussieBakery (For all those wonderful cakes, slices, biscuits, scones, pastry that send us to the gym)
http://www.youtube.com/user/OzzieCakeDecorating (For those of you who are interested in the fine art of cake decorating).
This website will be a living site, with recipes being added on an ongoing and regular basis. From soups and appetizers, main dishes and desserts - I have thousands of handwritten cooking instructions handed down through the generations in my family (currently 6th generation Aussies).
In addition, I was lucky to live in a small outback Queensland town for several years - and became friendly with many women who were outstanding country cooks - most of whom shared their techniques and family favourites with me.
Because Australia is a multi-cultural country, you will find that many of my "true blue Aussie" recipes have been influenced by many other cultures. Different flavours, spices and methods - have combined to make a "true blue" dish that will absolutely delight you and your family or guests.
Best of all - they're 100% FREE.
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT:
The "Australia" Page:
I love this sunburned country, and if you're interested in learning more about the place I am lucky enough to call "home", please visit my page entitled "Australia" which also includes a link to the Department of Immigration (in case you would like to visit or holiday here).
Don't forget to contribute any of your own true blue recipes - c'mon, it's downright un-Australian not to share your best-kept secets. Go to the YOUR Recipes page, and let the world see your recipes to success in the kitchen. Don't forget to add your name, so you can take all of the credit.
This website is funded solely from income generated from the advertisements you will see shown on each page. Each advertisement I have sponsored is also "true blue" - no spam, no surveys, no worrisome pop-up pages. Feel free to click on the advertisements, each of which carry my total endorsement.
I welcome and look forward to receiving any feedback on any of the dishes in the following pages, and hope that you enjoy them as much as my family have over the years.
- Promoted Links
- For those of you who are looking for some fabulous food and cooking related bargains and discounts, this is the page for you.
- Video Demonstration
- My Video Demonstration page will (in time) contain all video clips where I attempt to demonstrate some of the recipes on this website.
- SBI Website
- SBI has changed my life forever - on this page I will share with you where I was, and how that changed thanks to Site Build It.
- A comprehensive collection of eBooks for those of you passionate about cooking and recipes...
- Australia - the land down under, the land of plenty (incuding Vegemite).
- Entree Recipes
- A truly delightful selection of Entree Recipes & Appetizers - perfect for any party or festive occasion.
- Beef Recipes
- A wonderful collection of Beef Recipes - braised, grilled, casseroled, stewed, fried, steam and barbecued.
- Chicken Recipes
- A mouth-watering selection of Australian Chicken recipes.
- Lamb Recipes
- A sensational collection of Lamb Recipes, gathered from generations of country cooks.
- Pork Recipes
- A mouth-watering selection of Pork recipes, collected throughout generations and from many country cooks.
- Seafood Recipes
- A very naughty selection of our famous seafood recipes, that will definitely become some of your favourites..
- Salad And Vegetable Recipes
- A collection of very different and inspiring Australian salad and vegetable dishes.
- Barbeque Ideas
- A wonderful selection of true blue Aussie Barbeque ideas.
- Sauce Recipes
- A collection of wonderful sauces and gravies to complement any of your favourite dishes.
- Cake Recipes
- A mouth-watering selection of Aussie cake recipes - including biscuits,scones, slices and other delectables
- Muffin Recipes
- These wonderful Muffin Recipes will provide a wonderful alternative to sweet cake and buns - fantastic as a snack on the go, school lunches or even breakfast.
- Biscuits And Slices
- This selection of Aussie Biscuits & Slices will keep your friends knocking at your door...some of these recipes date back to the 1950s.
- Cake Decorating
- Cake Decorating - for the beginner, through to the advanced.
- Confectionery Recipes
- A very sinful selection of Australian Confectionery, sweets, lollies, candy and confectionary.
- Dessert Recipes
- If you're looking for some show-stopping Desserts to wow your family and friends, you've come to the right website.
- Pastry Recipes
- With these fantastic pastry recipes, your cooking will take on a whole new professionalism with these golden old recipes for popular pastry variations.
- Bread Recipes
- This collection of bread recipes will ensure that your kitchen smells divine. There is something about the aroma of home made Bread that brings back all of your childhood memories....
- Conserves And Preserves
- A wonderful selection of conserves and preserves reminiscent of years past.
- Lotions, Potions And Art/Craft
- A lovely group of recipes to create your own lotions and potions, right at home in your kitchen.
- Kitchen Wit
- Enjoy a taste of Kitchen Humour - yep, even on a recipe website
- This page is in place to help you convert celcius to farenheit, and imperial measurements to metric measurements - and back.
- Glossary Of Terms
- I have included a Glossary to assist in a common understanding of some of the terms used throughout this website.
- My name is Jo, and I live in Australia - welcome to recipes that reflect old-school cooking, and how multiculturalism has influenced our recipes.
- Contact Jo
- Hi everyone - keep in touch with Aussie-True-Blue-Recipes by facebook, twitter and youtube - links on this page...
- YOUR Recipes
- This is where my readers get a chance to SHARE their own family recipes, hand-me-down recipes, and those wonderful SECRET recipes.
- Aussie Blog
- Aussie Blog will be used to update you as to additions to the website, and to bring to your attention any new recipes that have become available to me.
- Roast Chicken
- This recipe for Roast Chicken is the one I use for festive occasion - and includes the recipe for my special Chicken Stuffing, and mixture for pushing under the skin of the Chicken.
- Viewers Dessert Recipes
- This page is devoted to Viewers Dessert Recipes - those puddings, tarts, pies, flans and other desserts that are "true blue" and work first time, every time.
- Viewers Entree Recipes
- This page is devoted to those Viewers Entrees & Appetizers recipes that are "true blue", that work first time every time.
- Viewers Lamb Recipes
- This page is devoted to those Viewers Lamb Recipes that are "true blue", tried and tested - work first time, every time.